Monday, April 28, 2014

It Has Been Just Over 4 Weeks

It's been just over 4 weeks since my first appointment with Kristie. The great news is that my body is starting to heal itself. It has been HARD. Most of the time its mental but the dizzy spells and being tired all of the time just bites.

I haven't been able to take any of the thyroid medicine or any medication to help my adrenal glands because every time I do my body doesn't take to it well. I end up super dizzy and nearly passing out.

I can say that I have held strong and have had no bread or pasta or anything of the sort for the full 4 weeks. I think I am coming out of the detoxing period. My sleeping still is iradic but I think that will get better with time. I did put some sugar on my strawberries on Easter Sunday as my treat for the day but that is really the only thing that I have had that I shouldn't have.

The last few days have been really hard. I have really really wanted a piece of toast, or a tortilla, or some pasta, but I haven't given in. I feel what is pushing me forward is knowing that I am getting better and that if I give in it will only hinder the healing process.

I mentioned before how sensitive my weight is to me and that it has always been a HUGE struggle for the last 12+ years. I am not really able to exercise at all right now and with just changing my eating habits and such I have lost 11 lbs in 4 weeks. This is huge for me. So with a the release of a big secret for me, I went from 284 to 273 as of last week. I try to only step on the scale once a week, I don't want to become addicted to it and have it rule me. That is a huge number and it is a major struggle for me. But to know that it is coming down and doing so the correct way is so exilerating.

I am still not able to do much around the house but have been able to do little bits here and there. I was able to make dinner the other night which hasn't happened in FOREVER. I also did some vacuuming and cleaning and it felt great. I may have gone a little too far though because I have been on my butt for the last 3 or 4 days. Lesson learned, stop pushing it.

So I spend my time, reading, doing A LOT of genealogy, thinking, more thinking, trying not to stress and be grateful for the many wonderful blessings that I have. I try not to watch to much and to listen more. So a lot of music from my ipod, pandora, and whatever floats my boat for the day.

My sleeping has been rough lately again like I mentioned and I am pretty sure it is just me not doing what I should be doing. So last night as I laid in bed at 2 am trying to turn off my mind, I turned on Pandora and within probably 15 minutes I was out. It always amazes me what music can do.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Way to go Tashina!! That's a huge accomplishment and I know how it feels to be sensitive to weight. That's awesome that you've been able to get it dropping off by eating better for you! Love you sis.