Monday, June 16, 2014

Half of me...

The color of my hair...
My long toes...
My big feet...
My long legs...
My oily skin...
My allergies...
Acne...
My long fingers...
My love of art...
My love for classic rock music...
My love for animals...



As I have been thinking of my next post to write I have had many topics bouncing around in my
head. Yesterday was Father's Day and as I am taking the Journey to Finding Me I figured I would make this post to my dad, after all he is a part of who I am.

My dad has been a large factor and influence in a lot of the things that I do in my life. The list of things are the physical and some emotional and characteristic features that I have inherited from my dad. Dad has suffered a lot from health problems. He has had major strokes and then in January he was diagnosed with a type of Lymphoma cancer.

I love my dad a lot and I have a lot of fun and a lot of crazy memories with him. It's been hard lately. I have noticed a lot of changes in him lately. He gets sick a lot lately, and its really sick. doesn't remember things that he would have never forgotten before. It's scary and it's making me find a new part of myself that I didn't know I had. I miss my old daddy and I hope that I just can get that important time that I have left with my daddy before he is gone. He is going to start chemo therapy soon. I think we are all nervous about this.

My doctors have told me that my biggest weakness is not creating boundaries for myself. In not creating boundaries I am creating a situation for myself that will not allow me to continue to get better. This has been really really hard because in my heart I just want to take care of everyone and help but physically and mentally it just pushes me overboard. I am hoping that during dads treatments and during the rough times I will be well enough to help take care of dad and to help mom.

I am grateful for my dad. He has taught me a lot. He has not always been there for me, but I know he has always supported me and loved me. I love you Daddy.

No comments: