Monday, April 28, 2014

Music to Help My Soul

Since I can remember Music has always been a huge part of me. I started playing the flute when I was only in 5th grade.  I remember taking drives in California at night with my family and listening to Air Supply. I remember watching my dad draw and listen to all sorts of 80's music when we lived in Europe and I was pretty young. So many memories associated with music. So here are some preferences of mine...

Some random music I love that calms me:
David Lanz, The Piano Guys (church stuff or classical), church hymns, instrumental and classical.


Music that puts me in a good chill mood:
80's music for sure. The Cars, Depeche Mode, U2 (I can listen to them anytime), Culture Club, and the list goes on...

Music that gets me excited:
Journey, Boston, The Eagles, and most Classic Rock.

Music that I like when I am stressed out:
Techno, don't know why but it helps me focus.

Music that I love to sing at the top of my lungs and dance with my girls: Katy Perry and Frozen soundtrack are the most recent.

My favorite all time classical song: Canon in D

I love country music, pop, celtic, and so many different kinds of music I don't even know all the names. I can't stand heavy metal and rap.

So I will just give you a short list of a few albums/individual songs I have on my iPod to give you a rough idea.

DJ Khaled - All I Do Is Win (there is a story involving my sister Mindy with this song love you sis)
All the Little Lights - Passenger
Bad Blood - Bastille
Burlesque Soundtrack - I really enjoy Christina A and Cher
Country Strong soundtrack
Covers - Placebo
Fever Ray - Fever Ray
Fort Atlantic - Fort Atlantic
Frame by Frame - Cassadee Pope
Frozen Soundtrack
G I R L - Pharrell Williams
How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
A Great Big World - Say Something
Jetty Rae - 1,000 Buttons (I Love This Song and sing it to my kids all of the time)
MIKA - Any Other World
John Legend - All Of Me
Phil Collins - Groovy Kind of Love
Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts
One Direction - Midnight Memories
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (We all sing this at the top of our lungs but I love that my 6 year old knows                                                     the chorus word for word)
Jetty Rae - I Love You
The Alternate Routes - Nothing More
Katy Perry - PRISM
Scala & Kolacny Brothers - Nothing Else Matters
Adele - Skyfall
Sleep Music Lullabies
Fun. - Carry On
Soul Surfer Soundtrack - Main Title
Skylar Grey - Tower (Don't Look Down)
Twilight Saga Soundtracks
Lots of Glee Cast Music
Wardruna - Yggdrasil (My newest enjoyment)
21 - Adele

So there is a peek into my music world.

No comments: