Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So sorry...

I have neglected you all. So sorry... I have given a couple of updates on my family blog at http://www.btshgillman.blogspot.com/ if you're really curious to know what has been happening. I have just had a lot going on and a lot I wanted to say and was afraid that if I got on here I wouldn't feel good enough to finish.

First of all the surgery went wonderfully. Out of the 4 surgeries that I have had, this one has been the biggest deal and also the best recovery. I haven't had any problems moving around, even that first day wasn't so bad, maybe because I knew what to expect. I haven't had any infections (knocking on wood) or anything serious like that. The down fall is due to the fact that I have pretty much been off and on pain pills the last 6 years due to the dumb and not never again CYSTS, I have a higher tolerance to the pain meds. They had to give me more than the norm just to get the pain under control for the first couple of days in the hospital. But I am happy to say that by day 10 post-op I was pain med free!!!

I had surgery on Wednesday and was released late Saturday morning. I have been having major hot flashes, anxiety attacks (which if you have never had they totally suck), and not being able to sleep worth nothing. So a few days ago we switched up the hormones and he wrote me a script for the sleeping meds. The last few nights have been heaven!!!

All I have to say is that when or if you ever have to deal with menopause, either as the woman or the lovely man with that woman, GOOD LUCK!!! I am blessed enough that I don't have to suffer through it for years at a time like my gracefully aging female family members have been doing...no names given. As far as I know mine is temporary...or so Brian hopes:) But the new HRT seems to be doing wonders and now that I am sleeping life is good.

I had my 2 week post-op appointment yesterday and the doctor couldn't agree more, everything looks wonderful. He expressed to me that he was very concerned about doing the surgery because I was so young. It was a very hard decision for Brian and I to make but I am glad we did it. The doctor told me that my labs came back and said that I had something called adenomyosis, which is in the same family as endometriosis. He said there is no cure for it except for a hysterectomy. With that being said he expressed that although he was very nervous about doing the surgery that he believed that we did make the right choice in the end.

How awesome is that?!? I feel better than I have felt in years, and that's including the still healing external and internal incisions. I took Sadie and Hunter to get some last minute school supplies yesterday and I also was able to go to their Back To School Night and unfortunately I pushed it too far. By the time I drove Bri to school near the airport in SLC, drove to my parent's house, to Wal-mart, to my parent's, to my doctors apt., to my parent's house and then out to pick up Brian I was pretty much done for the day. Unfortunately we had more to do. Brian was beat from all of the schooling and side jobs he has been doing and was in no mood to cook, I was too tired to cook so we headed to good ole Applebee's. We were done just in time to head to the school and by the time we got home I was thrashed. My downfall is that I love to talk and visit with everyone.

The kids weren't the only ones excited to see old friends. I was greatful to see a bunch of parents and especially Sadie and Hunter's teachers from last year. So what is going on now with our lives?

I have 4 more weeks of recovery before I am allowed to do any lifting or cleaning still. Brian passed this week of school and with one more week to go in October he will be preparing to take his Journeyman's test for an electrician. The downfall is that he still has 3 or 4 more weeks after that before he is completely done. Getting his License as an electrician has been a long time coming, it will be 5 years of schooling by the time all is said and done. I am so proud of him. It has not been easy, especially with all of my illness and a new baby at home.

Sadie is entering the 3rd grade. Wow, talk about making you feel old, she has done well. She will be starting the violin and is so excited. We are excited for her. She has been a super helper for me and Brian since the surgery. She is great at helping with dishes and laundry and whatever else needs tending to. She is also very head strong so we are bracing ourselves for the coming years as a teenager, may Heaven help us all:)

Hunter is entering the 1st grade. He is so excited to be going all day and to be able to have 3 recesses and lunch at school. He is a great little/big brother to the girls and tries to keep his control considering all of the estrogen in the house. Between Hunter and Brian I am glad they are making it through this. I have been an emotional roller coaster since the surgery and poor Brian doesn't know what to do with me. Hunter will be turning 7 in October and is thrilled. We were watching the Olympics the other night and he expressed that he would like to try fencing. I thought how awesome that is because we didn't think with his metabolic myopathy he would ever be able to do any sports. What a kid!!!

My little McKadie turns a year old on September 2nd and my heart is breaking. She is our last baby and she has grown so fast. Her favorite word is Hi. And the funny thing is that she knows it is a greeting and uses it as such. It's so adorable.

So our future is looking much brighter and I am excited to face it with a healthy body. Oh yeah and I have lost 6 lbs. now. I am hoping to loose a lot more. Well I'm off until next time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who picked the Violin for Sadie to play? They are getting big and Kadie is so funny. she looks like a monkey!