Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am trying to update

I really haven't let the blogging go on purpose. Last week on Tuesday evening I started getting a sharp pain in my lower right side. I tried to sleep it off but it didn't help and I was in the ER on Wednesday for most of the day. All of the tests came back negative and they didn't know what was causing the pain. But it got worse and worse and I was back in the ER on Thursday. Again, more tests run, no answers found. The doctors were very sweet and helpful and just as frustrated that they couldn't help me. So when I woke up Friday morning and it was still extremely painful, we made an appointment for the doctors office. My regular doctor was out of town so I had to see a different doctor in the office but he was super nice and empathetic. He was concerned that it was Appendicitis and sent me to the surgeon's office right away. I can't even go into the mess that was because it makes me so mad. In the end I was in surgery on Friday evening having my Appendix removed. I was supposed to go home on Friday night but the pain was so out of control they ended up keeping me until Saturday evening. I am grateful to be home and with the kids now. The gas bloating was a pain for the first 2 days, but then it got much better. Yesterday was full of nausea and today I am just remembering what a pain it is to recover from a gut surgery. Not complaining, so instead of sounding like I am whining I will tell you what I am excited about since the surgery. First of all the pain is gone in my side. 2nd of all I have been able to do a lot more crafting. I have made a bunch of crocheted dishrags, a couple of hats and am learning more patterns. I am going to start selling a lot of the things that I am making. So, in the meantime, I am trying to get up to date on my Blog Challenge and will have to start Day 12 tomorrow.
In the mean time I think I have brought blogging addiction to my family.
We had some serious issues we were dealing with for Sadie yesterday and she was having a really hard time coping. I encouraged her to use her blog as an outlet. To write about her frustrations and worries, and things that make her happy.
So then I get this email from Brian last night inviting me to read his blog. LOL, I never thought he would have a blog of his own. It is so exciting for me to get to see what he is writing.
We have been married for 10 years and I feel like we know each other pretty darn well, but the blog just opens up this new window for me to learn more about my sweetheart.
So here is to happy blogging in the Gillman residence.
Also, due to the surgery, I won't be weighing myself for a while. The tube they put in my throat has left me unable to eat too many things unless they are super soft, and due to the nausea and upset tummy that has even lowered my choices. In the end, I haven't been eating very RAW since the surgery and I am terrified to look at the scale right now.

No comments: