Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Official

Well it's set. I received a call from the hospital this morning and the surgery is set for Wednesday morning. I will be in the hospital until at least Saturday, as long as everything goes smoothly. I am anxious, nervous and peaceful all at the same time.

I am completely comfortable with my great doctor and know that he will take great care of me. At the same time I have been having flashbacks of the not so fun things you get to deal with when you have surgery.

For instance:
The nausea when you are waking up from the anesthesia
The intense pain with any cough, sneeze, giggle or movement from your abdomen
The fear of having to use the restroom for the first few times (I won't share more than that, TMI, if you have had surgery than you know what I am talking about)
The hunger pains from not eating for so long and knowing you can't eat until your body has performed certain things
The fear of eating because of the nausea, refer to first note
Making stupid comments that my mother and husband are so entertained by (I don't fear this, I just wish I remembered what I said that they think is so hillarious)

My biggest sad note:
Not being able to pick up my baby for 6-8 weeks, but I will be able to hold her, someone will just have to give her to me...

Things that are adventurous when you have surgery:
How everytime I go under I think, wait I can at least get to 7 this time before I go out, wrong...I never make it passed 9...(I am referring to when they have you count backwards as they are knocking you out)
Seeing how far I can push through the pain, since I have had abdominal surgery before I am somewhat knowing what to expect and I am trying to mentally prepare for that so that it won't be as bad as that very first surgery when I had no idea what I was expecting...
Being able to be waited on hand and foot while I am in the hospital...too bad I will be unconscious through most of it:)

What I am grateful for:
The Priesthood...I am so grateful for the faith and knowledge that Heavenly Father will take care of me and will always have his watcful eye and guiding hand...I am looking forward to the blessing that I will be asking Brian for the night before the surgery.
The Relief Society sisters that have already been knocking on my door...I have only missed a few Sunday's so far from the cysts and they noticed...the sisters have been calling and coming over to make sure I was okay and offering all available help and assistance.
The 2 Priests in our ward...most have graduated and moved on to the single's ward in May so right now we only have 2...they have brought me the Sacrament on Sunday's, I cannot find the words to thank these two wonderful young men, it means so much to me to be able to renew my covenants, and in my own home.
My mom! She has helped with surgeries in the passed and pretty much takes over all of my duties here at my house. She cleans, cooks, loves, mends, and everything that a great mom does. I cannot in this lifetime tell her enough times how much I appreciate all that she has and will do for me. She is one of the most selfless people I know, one of my heroes. Thanks mom!!! I love you!!!
My Sisters...Katrina didn't even bat an eye or hesitate when I told her that I was worried about the baby being taken care of and going to someone she was comfortable with, or how I was worried about Sadie and Hunter getting to and from school. She has offered to take them so I don't have to worry and I know they will be in GREAT hands. Natasha said she will help out when she can...she is a workin' woman! Mindy is moving into their new home so she has her hands full. By the way congratulations on your new home (they just bought their first house.)
My kids...Hunter gets so nervous everytime I go to the hospital or the dr's office. He is so sensitive and he has a special bond to his mommy. I told you he was a momma's boy. Sadie is so brave and always so willing to help. She is so great at helping with some of the harder chores like dishes and laundry and stuff and she does a great job. She takes on so much for an 8 year old. I am so proud of her. And I just know that all 3 of their smiles will make my recovery go much much faster.
My Husband! Brian is my hero, my knight in shining armor. He is so loving and caring. You know how when you are sick you just want your mom, well no offense to my mother, but Brian is the one I want first when I don't feel well. He is taking off work to sit and wait for me in surgery, like he always has. He knows it eases my mind just knowing that he is out there. He is also always there when I wake up and reassures me that he will always be there. He has put up with so many trials when it comes to my health. Pretty much from the begining of our marriage I have always had something I have dealt with. Without whining or complaining he gladly steps up to the plate and takes over where I can't do my share. There are so many things I want to say about how much I love him, about how great he is, about how I couldn't exist without him and I just don't know how to say it. It leaves me speechless. I want to be able to come up with these unforgettable things, to bear my soul to the world, to leave an impression on everyone who reads about the man I love, to make him the image every woman dreams of marrying because to me he is that Perfect man, the Perfect Husband, the Perfect Daddy, the Perfect Friend, the Perfect lover, the Perfect everything. That is what he is to me, everything. He is my every dream, my every hope, my every every... Brian I love you and you are and always will be My Favorite!!!

So onward to surgery...6 days and counting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Love ya tonz

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Oh, I know what you mean about dreading surgery. I had a c section with Jake. I hated the first "bathroom experiences" and I don't think I will ever want to touch chicken broth or purple popsicles again!