Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Tribute #2...

As his mother this one is a little harder for me to do. I make my 2nd tribute today to my little Bubba, Hunter...
Hunter was a trooper today. But from the beginning, his whole life he has been weaker than the norm. He doesn't have the stamina that most kids his age have. In March we had some really hard times with him. He couldn't walk up the stairs without crying in pain. It was horrible to see him hurt like that. After some labs were done, we were told that he was 99% likely to have Muscular Dystrophy but they weren't going to say for sure just yet. We went about just under 2 weeks of thinking he had Muscular Dystrophy. Now the type that was likely for him to have was the type that would put him in a wheel chair by early adolescense, age 12, and he wouldn't likely make it passed his early 20's. I can't tell you how many tears were shed by Brian and I and other members of my family. I will say this though. I am so blessed that I have the 3 children that I have. I am blessed with their unique personalities and their sweet endearing spirits that were sent to Brian and I. My heart goes out to any parent who has lost a child, for at this time in that two week period, I got a glimpse of what it must be like and I weeped, I truly weeped.
So with that part of the history I will pause and tell you a little bit about my son. He is a HAM!!! To the max, he loves to make people laugh. He will come in and say something off the wall and if I start to laugh he will say good I got you to laugh. If I don't laugh than it's something like oh come on that was kind of funny. He also loves the camera as much as his Aunt Tasha:) He is a poser, a major poser, but I guess it can't be too much his fault since he has grown up with a camera always in his face.
Not only his Hunter super goofy, but he is also very very sensitive. He is very aware of other peoples feelings and always tries to console those that are sad or hurt. The one thing that his teacher would continually tell me in Kindergarten is that he is so caring to all the kids, even the ones that sometimes get left behind. I am so proud of him.
Hunter is the only grandson on Brian's side of the family and the oldest of 3 grandson's on my side of the family, there is a 5 year age difference between him and Maverick and Lincoln.
Hunter loves to fish, he is quite good at it. The only thing I don't enjoy with fishing is eating it. Hunter doesn't mind that one either. Here he is with 2 of my nieces, Cameo and Kenya holding up the family catch of the day.

He sure is goofy, this is his turkey face with licorice hanging off of his nose. Here he is holding his baby sister for the very first time. He absolutely loves both of his sisters and has formed a very special relationship with McKadie, especially considering how badly he wanted a brother. There is another picture in here where he is asleep on the floor of the hospital. He was so tired from waiting all day for her to come that he sat on the floor waiting his turn to hold her and he collapsed. He was originallysitting up with his head on his hand on his knee, the arm eventually fell to the floor for support of his noggin.

There are so many pictures here. I try to capture all sides of him. He loves his aunt Tasha and his Uncle Scooby aka Colton or CoCo. He loves his daddy so much. He wants to be just like him and I love it. They even have their own song by Rodney Adkins "Watching You" and every time it comes on the radio they tell everyone to shhh and they sing it together. He knows it word for word. He loves both of his sisters so much and is so good to them.

He loves Spiderman, Scooby Doo, and pretty much anything super heros. He is a big fan of Star Wars and has been for many years. He will hum the march for Darth Vader and tell you that is his favorite song other than the song for him and daddy.

He is a big Momma's Boy and I love it. He is proud of it too. He is such a gentleman to me. He helps me out when I am sick. He holds the door for me and at times has argued with me because I have told him to go first and he says no mom ladies are supposed to go first and you are the BEST lady so you have to go first. He says cute things like that all of the time.

So to finish the story of my little man. We meet with the Muscular Neurologist at Primary Children's Hospital today. He does not have Muscular Dystrophy. Thank you Heavenly Father. However he does have a Metabolic Myopathy of some sort. There are several different kinds and now he is undergoing more tests to determine which one it might be. Well while we are in the dr's office and I am being asked all of these questions about Hunter I keep thinking that McKadie applies to a lot of what she is telling me. So not only did I go away from Hunter's apt. today knowing that my son will have to deal with this muscle disease his entire life, but now my daughter will too. No blood work has been done on her yet but the dr. seems confident that whatever the outcome for Hunter is will most likely be the outcome for McKadie.

And yet another challenge in this life we have to bear. But Brian and I are optimistic. It's not Muscular Dystrophy. I don't think this will be lethal, it will just limit his and her physical activity, which it already does. We WILL get through this. We WILL survive this. We WILL have faith that there is a greater plan for us that we are not aware of. I strongly believe that Heavenly Father will never give us a challenge or trial we are not able to bear.

Hunter, I love you. I am so happy that you were sent to our family. You make us smile and laugh. You are such a ray of sunshine and I can't imagine this earthly life without you here. I love you lots and lots and lots and lots!!!

2 comments:

Katrina Witt said...

I LOVE YOU BUDDY! keep smiling. i love your smile.

Katrina Witt said...

I love you bunters!!! Your the sweetest ever. Love aunt tasha