Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today's tribute...


Since I have my "Vent" blog now I want to send out a daily tribute to someone who has made a difference in my life. If you don't get put up first or for a while it doesn't mean you are any less important to me. I just have many people to pay tribute to. Life is too short to not let the people who mean the most to you know that in fact they do mean the most to you.


So my first tribute:


My sister Katrina.


Katrina is a year younger than me, and other than my mom and dad I have known her longer than anyone else on this beautiful earth. Katrina has a gigantic heart. She is always so willing to give to others even it is a sacrifice on her part. She loves kids, always has, and has offered her motherly services to my children on many instances. Katrina is humble and loving. She has great taste in fashion, decorating and is an excellent scrapbooker.

Katrina is also a very loving person. She is super shy so not many people get the opportunity to know her, but once you do you won't ever forget her. She is a wonderful mom to her 3 kids and I am privileged to have her as an aunt to my 3 kids.

Katrina is also very smart. I don't think she knows that I think this, but I think she is a very smart person.

She is so loving to her husband and I am glad that her husband is still on this earth with her and their children and for all of us. Jon was in a serious accident in November while driving semi for work. There is no reason he is alive other than he had angels watching over him.

Katrina, you are always there for me, whether I live 800 miles away or 1/2 a mile away. You are always the first one to jump in and say you will do it, no matter what the task at hand is. I am so grateful that I have you as a sister. I know I have tried to highlight some of your great qualities but you have so many it would take a while to list them all. I am so grateful for all of the talks and chats we have had over the computer and the phone recently. As kids we got along great, as teenagers I don't think I was as good a friend as I should have been for you, as adults I am grateful to say you are indeed one of my best friends. I love you so much!!! Love your "Big" Sis:)

1 comment:

Katrina Witt said...

oooh make me cry bratt. Thanks so much. That means so much, and in such a great need right now. Im kinda speechless.., but maybe because i think i might have a creature behind my head and its freaking me out.
Thanks tashina really!! i love youlots and im reallysorry you have to go thourh what you are going trough!! LOVE YOU